Thursday 17 July 2014

I'm Back!

Hello everyone,

I am back from a wonderful trip to Yorkshire staying with my lovely son.

Between visits I always forget what a beautiful part of the country that my son has the pleasure of living in and I always come home wanting to go back for more.

This visit we also ventured across the border into Lancashire largely because I wanted to go and visit www.minervacrafts.com who are based in Darwen. Not only is this a fabulous Aladdin's Cave for crafty people but the scenery on the drive through parts of the Lancashire countryside was absolutely breathtaking.......and yes, for those of you who are wondering, I did buy yet more knitting yarn!

Getting away from home for a while is such a good opportunity to reflect and to be reminded of what a beautiful country that we have the privilege to live in. We were also blessed with perfect weather (which helped) and left the rain behind in Sussex when we set off.

Not only was it lovely to spend time with my son but I got to meet up with a friend of mine and much tea and chatter ensued in Hilton's Cafe in Barnsley where they sell excellent mugs of tea. Those people have really mastered the art of making a good English cuppa.

Suffice to say that Hubby, dogs and I had a wonderful time and got lots of reading done. I read a couple of excellent books while I was away and one that I thought was terrible.......... but more on those later.

I will be back in a day or two with reviews on those books but in the meantime HAPPY READING EVERYONE!

(Photo courtesy of Death to the Stock Photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment