Friday 3 January 2020

Happy New Year 2020

Happy New Year to all of my lovely readers. I wish you health and happiness in abundance during 2020.

I am aware that my blog was rather quiet for the latter half of 2019. I have had some major technological issues which are still ongoing and have caused me much frustration, not to mention feeling that I would have liked to hurl my computer in the air at some points (we've all been there!)

So, I am going to apologise upfront that my reviews at the moment will be imageless. I will, however, be writing many more book reviews and hope that you will forgive the lack of book covers. The blog page won't look as pretty as usual but I hope you will understand.

In the meantime, I hope that 2020 has got off to a marvellous start for you all. Have you set yourself any bookish resolutions this new year? I would love to hear all about them.

In the words of the wonderful Jane Austen:

"I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Annie,
    I was at the point of deciding it wasn't being overly nosy to sending you a note to see if you were alright. I"m glad it was 'only' your computer causing you grief and not any other nasty, complicated life issues. I am looking forward to your blog again, pictures or not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments. My first book review of 2020 has gone live today. I have very much missed writing my blog so happy to be back. We don't realise how much we have come to rely on our computers until they don't perform satisfactorily!

      Delete