Friday 2 October 2020

Reading for October 2020

 


Where is this mad and crazy year that we call 2020 disappearing to? I think it is safe to say that autumn has begun here in the UK. I rather like the autumn months; natures colours are beautiful, the intensity of summer has passed and yet temperatures are cooler and remind us that winter is not far away. 

Having said that, as I look out of my office window this morning, the skies are grey and the rain heavy. People are in a rush as they go about their business and it is like watching a conveyor belt of rain coats and umbrellas pass before me.

By contrast, I am planning to sit in my nice dry house today and dream of all the books that I want to read this month, as well as quite a few that I will not manage to squeeze into my reading schedule. However, some gorgeous little book usually seduces me away from my planned books, whispering "read me, you know you want me," and before I know what has happened it is the end of the month again and I consider all of the books that I had planned to read but did not.

Whatever you are planning to read this month, keep safe, keep warm and enjoy.

***

The Power by Naomi Alderman

Call the Vet by Bruce Fogle

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

Her Mother's Secret by Rosanna Ley

Antkind: A Novel by Charlie Kaufman

The Woman Next Door by Yewande Omotoso

A Witch in Time by Constance Sayers

A Village Vacancy by Julie Houston

The Night of the Burning by Linda Press Wulf

***

Books to Finish

The Weaker Vessel, Woman's Lot in Seventeenth Century England: Part One by Antonia Fraser.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo by Christy Lefteri

No comments:

Post a Comment