Monday 30 September 2024

Reading Roundup for September 2024

 


Wow, another month has flown by! Is anyone else starting to feel that the festive season isn't so far away. I've just got a feeling that it will be here before we know it.

I did, in fact, read my first Christmas book this month and I loved it (details below.) There are many more books of this ilk that I plan to read over the coming weeks.

I have read some fantastic books this month and I have enjoyed sharing my thoughts with you on most of them. What have you been reading? I would love to hear.


Books I Have Read

Henry V: The Ashtonishing Rise of England's Greatest Warrior King by Dan Jones - This non-fiction title was excellent and very easy to read. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Dark Wives by Ann Cleeves - This is book 11 in the Vera series. It worked well as a standalone. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Witch of the Breton Wood by Jennifer Ivy Walker - Set in France during the Nazi occupation of World War Two, this exciting story has the power to transport the reader to the time and place. You can find my review by clicking here.

Loose Ends by Ninette Hartley - Beginning in 1941 it is the story of Ness and the challenges she faces. Very enjoyable. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Almanac: A Seasonal Guide to 2025 by Lia Leendertz - This will be a wonderful accompaniment to 2025. You can find my review by clicking here.

Snow is Falling by Sarah Bennett - My first Christmas read this year and I loved it. You can find my review by clicking here.

Operation Tulip by Deborah Swift - I've read books by this author before and have enjoyed them all. This was no exception and I enjoyed it very much. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Beforelife of Eliza Valentine by Laura Pearson - This was my favourite read this month as it is different to anything I have read before.  You can find my review by clicking here.

The Last Bookshop in Prague by Helen Parusel - This was a great book about the Czech Resistance during WWII. You can find my review by clicking here.

Happy Days: 365 Days Facts to Brighten Your Year by Emily Coxhead - A brilliant book for children guaranteed to make you smile. You can find my review by clicking here.

Books I Did Not Finish

Lost in Time by Dawn Treacher - I just couldn't get into this book for children. I shall try it again sometime as it has proved popular in reviews.

Books I am Partway Through

The Ravenswood Witch by Jenni Keer

Chicken Boy: My Life with Hens by Arthur Parkinson

No Honour by Awais Khan

(header photo courtesy of Dom J/Pexels)  Insta @Domas_life

No comments:

Post a Comment