Thursday 30 April 2020

April Roundup

As some of you know, I do not post reviews of all the books I read. I tend towards writing reviews of those that I have enjoyed the most and want to recommend. That is not to say that I have not liked those other books, only that for one reason or another I have not reviewed them. So, I thought that you might be interested to see what books I have read this past month. 

Have you a book to recommend that you have read? I would love to hear about it.

Tomorrow I will be back with a sneaky peek of the books that I want to read during May. 


Read in April

The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid. This is the third book in the lovely Karen Pirie series.

The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock. I read this as research for something I am writing.

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. This was April's choice for my book group. It really wasn't my cup of tea but several of our members enjoyed it very much.

My Brilliant Career by Miles Franklin. This was the first book that I have read from The Virago Book of 20th Century Fiction. You can read my intentions for this book here.

Big Sky by Kate Atkinson. This is the fifth in the Jackson Brodie series which is one of my favourites. You can read my review here.

Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman. This was much more enjoyable than the film although Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman were perfectly cast.

The Single Thread by Tracy Chevalier.  This was my favourite book this month and you can read my review of this wonderful book by clicking here.

Books I am Partway Through

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

A Stash of One's Own by Clara Parkes. This was gifted me by my son and is wonderful for all yarn lovers. My review of this book will follow.

The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd. Review to follow.










No comments:

Post a Comment