Friday 1 May 2020

Reading in May


The merry month of May is upon us. Actually, life doesn't feel very merry at present, does it? We are living in anxious and troubling times and the best we can do is stay home and keep ourselves and others safe. I know that we are not all able to do that. Like so many of you my husband is an essential worker and does not have the capacity to work from home so I understand how scared and uncertain we all feel.

It is all the more reason that we need a bit of escapism into our books. Here is a list of the books I am hopefully going to read this month. I use the word 'hopefully' as the list is subject to change. I only need a pretty sparkly cover to catch my eye and then something has to give. You know how it is!

What books are you planning to read? Whatever you choose, keep safe and well, my friends.



Sew Cute Quilts and Gifts by Atsuko Matsuyama

The Tunnel by A.B. Yehshua

The Book of Lights by Chaim Potok

Found by Erin Kinsley

The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

The Revolt by Clara Dupont-Monod

Sing Me a Secret by Julie Houston


Books to Finish

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd

A Stash of One's Own by Clara Parkes


No comments:

Post a Comment