Monday 3 August 2020

Reading in August



It's incredible that we are already in August of this strange year we are having. I do not think anyone will forget 2020 in a hurry.

Last month I excitedly posted that our libraries were about to reopen. However, the local authority have decided to open only five in the county, and sadly, the one in my town is not one of them. Furthermore, there is no indication of when it might do so. Such a pity as I know so many people who were looking forward to it. I do understand why this decision has been made but I am disappointed nonetheless.

Never mind. I have a few books that I am looking forward to reading this month. How about you? What are you planning to read in August?


Dear Mrs. Bird by A. J. Pearce

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon

Inge's War by Svenja O'Donnell

Singing for Mrs. Pettigrew by Michael Morpurgo

Out of Bounds by Val McDermid

Those Who Are Loved by Victoria Hislop

Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner

Girl by Edna O'Brien

The Sleeping Car Murders by Sebastien Japrisot

Books to Finish

Murder in Chianti by Camilla Trinchieri


2 comments:

  1. I’m looking for some good books. Thank you.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do visit the blog at the end of the month for my August roundup when my reviews will be available.

    ReplyDelete