Tuesday 1 September 2020

Reading in September - 2020

 


Sitting at my desk on this first morning of September, I cannot help but watch out of my window and watch the world go by. The best of the summer has passed and this morning it is beautifully sunny and I cannot help trying to grasp this late summer sunshine before we head into Autumn.

Yesterday, I purchased a bunch of sunflowers which are bringing some much wanted colour into my room. They are such beautiful flowers - loud and brash, they make no apology for the statement they make and neither should they. Beautiful in their own unique way and when they go over they leave a seed head to nourish the garden birds.

Some of the books I plan to read this month I have carried over from last month as I did not get around to reading them. There are some books that I am very excited to read this month so without any further ado - here they are.

Happy reading everyone. 

***

All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (This will be a re-read for me)

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson

Independent People by Halldor Laxness

Gift Wrap Green by Camille Wilkinson

Islands of Mercy by Rose Tremain

Renia's Diary by Renia Spiegel

The Story of Babushka by Catherine Flores

Jerusalem as a Second Language by Rochelle Distelheim

Spirited by Julie Cohen

The Lantern Men by Elly Griffiths

Fleishman is in Trouble by Taffy Brodesser-Akner

Books to Finish

The Weaker Vessel, Woman's Lot in Seventeenth Century England: Part One by Antonia Fraser.


Women Who Run With the Wolves: Contacting the Power of the Wild Woman 
by Clarissa Pinkola Estes.

This Isn't the Sort of Thing That Happens to Someone Like You by Jon McGregor.

No comments:

Post a Comment