Friday 28 May 2021

Reading Roundup May 2021

 



When I posted last month I was eagerly anticipating being able to sit in the garden and read. How disappointed I am as it has rained virtually every day during May and, furthermore, the lawn is about a foot high as it has been far to wet to mow it.

So, my reading has continued to be an indoor activity. There is something very comforting about snuggling down on the sofa with a book, while the rain is hammering at the windows and my dog is asleep by my feet.

I also managed to get a few days away this month and we had a lovely stay in Berkshire. It was so nice to be away from the house for a few days having been in lockdown for such a long time. Of course, I managed to visit the local bookshops which was wonderful and was surprisingly restrained in only buying a couple of books.

I have read some good books this month which are listed below. How about you? Have you read anything this month that you would recommend?


Books I Have Read This Month

Olive, Again by Elizabeth Strout - This was the choice for my book group this month. I liked it better than her previous book, Olive but still not a big fan of this author.

Dear Fahrenheit 451: A Librarian's Love Letters and Break Up Notes to Her Books by Annie Spence - This was an interesting little book. At times it was really funny. At other times it was rather repetitive but worth reading nonetheless. 

Harvest of Rubies by Tessa Afshar - I am not sure why I read this right through to the end as I was not impressed by it.

The Letter by Ruth Saberton - This was a wonderful book to read and my review of it will be up next week.

Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro - I enjoyed this very much and you can read my review by clicking here.

The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama - A beautifully written book which I highly recommend.

Broken Ground by Val McDermid - This is the fifth in the Karen Pirie series and an enjoyable read.


Books I am Partway Through

The Darlings by Angela Jackson


(photo courtesy of Carli Jean)

No comments:

Post a Comment