Friday 30 July 2021

Reading Roundup - July 2021

 



So here we are once more, at the tail end of another month. Sitting here and writing this, the sun is streaming through my office window. There has been lots of rain over the past few days and more is forecast. The sunshine never fails to make my spirit sing and today is no exception to that.

I have really enjoyed most of the books that I have read this month. They range in genres and include fiction and non-fiction titles.

I would love to hear about what you have read this month.


Books I have Read during July

The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa - This was a very short book but really lovely. You can read my review here.

Agent Sonya by Ben Macintyre - This was my book group choice this month and it was enjoyed by all of our members. You can read my review by clicking here.

Do the Birds Still Sing in Hell? by Horace Greasley - On the whole I enjoyed this memoir. My only reservation is that it was a little overly descriptive of his sexual exploits. 

The Aleppo Codex by Matti Friedman - Interesting but not amazing.

The Metal Heart by Caroline Lea - This was a lovely book which I heartily recommend. You can read my review by clicking here.

Mr Mani by A. B. Yehoshua - I really enjoyed this one too. It has a really interesting structure and this author is becoming one of my favourites. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Image of Her by Sonia Velton - This was my favourite book this month. You can read my review by clicking here.

Tell Me Your Secret by Dorothy Koomson - This was a good book but I did find the subject matter a little disturbing.

Books I Did Not Finish

The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex - I read about 75 pages of this before I gave up. I can't quite put my finger on why it wasn't working for me.

Books I am Part Way Through

Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear


(photo courtesy of Kimberley Farmer/Unsplash)

No comments:

Post a Comment