Tuesday 3 August 2021

You, Me, Everything by Catherine Issac - #TuesdayTeaser - 3rd August 2021


It is Tuesday again and time for a new Tuesday Teaser. This is where we have a sneak peek at the beginning of a book which has come onto my radar. It won't necessarily be a new release as there are so many books which have already been published, and I have not had chance to read yet.

 This week, we are looking at You, Me, Everything by Catherine Isaac. 

Catherine was born and lives in Liverpool. She started her writing career as a trainee reporter for the Liverpool Chronicle. She worked her way up to editor for the Liverpool Daily Post before turning her hand to writing books. She has written nine romantic comedy novels published under the pseudonym, Jane Costello. 

With You, Me, Everything she took her writing in a different direction and published under the name of Catherine Isaac. The novel has been translated into 24 languages.

I am looking forward to reading this book and I hope you will enjoy this taster.


The Blurb

Jess and her ten-year-old son William set off to spend the summer at Château de Roussignol, deep in the rich, sunlit hills of the Dordogne. There, Jess’s ex-boyfriend and William’s father, Adam, runs a beautiful hotel in a restored castle. Jess is bowled over by what Adam has accomplished, but she’s in France for a much more urgent reason: to make Adam connect with his own son. Jess can’t allow Adam to let their son down because she is tormented by a secret of her own, one that nobody - especially William - must discover.

By turns life-affirming, heart-wrenching and joyful, You Me Everything is a novel about one woman's fierce determination to grab hold of the family she has and never let go, and a romantic story as heady as a crisp Sancerre on a summer day.

Prologue

Manchester, England - Sometimes life takes the best and worst it has to offer and throws the whole lot at you on the same day.

This probably isn't an uncommon conclusion to reach during childbirth, but in my case, it wasn't the usual cocktail of pain and joy that led me to it. It was that, although I was finally about to meet the tiny human who'd shared my body for nine months, those eight agonising hours were also spent trying to reach his father on my mobile - to drag him away from whatever bar, club or other woman he was in.

"Did you remember to bring your notes, Jessica?" the midwife asked after I'd arrived at the hospital alone.

"I've got my notes. It's my boyfriend I've mislaid," I said, through an apologetic smile. She glanced up at me from under her eyelashes as I leaned on the reception desk of the delivery suite, waiting for the searing pain in my belly to pass.

"I'm sure he'll be on his way soon." Sweat gathered on the back of my neck. "I've left him a couple of messages." Twelve, to be exact. "He's at a work event. He probably can't get a signal." At this this stage, part of me was still hoping this was true. I always was determined to see the good in Adam, even in the face of clear evidence to the contrary.

"We never used to have men here," she reminded me. "So if we need to do it without Dad, we'll be just fine."

Dad, I couldn't deny the biological facts, but the title sounded wrong when it was applied to Adam. 

The midwife looked reassuringly matronly, with stout legs, a bosom you could stand a potted plant on and the kind of hair that had been in foam curlers overnight. The name on her badge was Mary. I'd known Mary for about three minutes and already I liked her, which was good given that she was about to examine my cervix.

"Come on, lovely; lets get you to a room."

ISBN: 978-1471149146

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

***

I can't wait to read this now. Have you already read it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment