Thursday 31 March 2022

Reading Roundup - March 2022

 


In my little corner of the world, there are swathes of daffodils almost everywhere. They are a beautiful sight to behold and each time I see them my heart gives a little joyous leap.

March has been a wonderful month for me as we welcomed a new grandson to the family. Needless to say, he is perfect, gorgeous and wonderful in every way. 

March has also been a good month for reading, and I have read some great books. Have you read anything that you would recommend this month?


Books I Have Read

Faithful by Alice Hoffman - This was my favourite book this month and I highly recommend it. My review will be up very soon.

Becoming by Michelle Obama - This was my book group read for the month. Unfortunately, our meeting did not take place so I am unaware of the opinions of the group. However, I enjoyed reading about this remarkable woman very much.

The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron - An interesting story but was rather didactic for my taste.

Chocolate Cake for Imaginary Lives by Genevieve Jenner - I loved this book of short stories. You can read my review by clicking here.

On Hampstead Heath by Marika Cobbold - This was excellent and I could have gobbled it up in one sitting. You can read my review by clicking here.

Son of the Secret Gardener by Trevor Millum - My review of this book will be up very soon.

This is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay - My review of this book will be up very soon.

The Passenger by Ulrich Alexander Boschwitz - This was most enjoyable and I highly recommend it.

A Train to Moscow by Elena Gorokhova - I have literally only finished this today. My review will be up very soon.

Books I Did Not Finish

Scoop by Evelyn Waugh - Whilst this book reflects the language of the day, I found the racist and anti-Semitic terminology a little too much.

Books I am Partway Through

The Village Feasts by Izzy Abrahamson


No comments:

Post a Comment