Thursday 28 April 2022

Reading Roundup - April 2022

 


Another month has flown by and Easter, Passover and Ramadan are now behind us. Whichever, if any, of these festivals are special to you, I hope you had a memorable time.

It has been a good month of reading for me. For the first time in years I listened to an audio book. When I tried them in the past I never really got on well with it. I missed the opportunity to flick back a few pages if I lost my way. However, having given it a try again this month I enjoyed it very much. 

I have always preferred my books to be in printed form and it is still my favourite. I do read e-books but I much prefer to read a physical book. I like the feel, smell and look of an actual book but other formats do have their place, and I have discovered that it is good for me to be open to other formats. How about you? Do you listen to books? Prefer an e-reader? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Did you read anything that you really enjoyed this month, in whatever format? 

Here are the books that I have read this month:


Books I Have Read This Month

The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison -  I'm aware that this is a classic but I found it to be a very depressing read.

More Than I Love My Life by David Grossman - I am already a fan of the author and I enjoyed this very much. If you would like to read my review you can do so by clicking here.

The Last Reunion by Kayte Nunn - This is a delightful dual timeline novel. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Witches by Brenda Lozano - This highly original novel was an interesting read. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Midnight House by Amanda Geard - Being published on 12th May, I was fortunate enough to be given an early readers copy. It was my favourite read this month and my review will be on the blog on publication day.  Watch this space!

A Train to Moscow by Elena Gorokhova - I enjoyed this very much. You can find my review by clicking here.

The Village Feasts by Izzy Abrahmson - A collection of short stories based around the Passover festival. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Lost and Found Bookshop by Susan Wiggs - This was a most enjoyable read and my review will be up next week.

How to Kill Your Family by Bella Mackie - I listened to this on audio and it is a great story.

What Eden Did Next by Sheila O'Flanagan - I literally finished reading this in bed last night so have not written the review yet. However, I enjoyed it very much and the review will appear in due course.

Books I Did Not Finish

The Lost Boy of Bologna by Francesca Scanacapra

Books I am Partway Through

Women Writers of the Seventeenth Century by Ramona Wray

The Tearoom on the Bay by Rachel Burton



No comments:

Post a Comment