Tuesday 2 August 2022

Books to Read in August 2022

 


I remember how busy August used to be when I had four little ones to look after. The school holidays were always a time I looked forward to. It was a change from the routine of the school run, and having quality time to spend with my children without all of the hurry, rush and bother. They are precious days and they pass too quickly.

Visits to the library were frequent in those days. Although I personally did not get very much reading done, we used to go every few days so they could choose new books. Then we would go to the park, sit on a blanket and read.  Such happy days.

Here are a few books that I hope to read this month.


A River Town by Thomas Keneally

Little Caged Birds by Lucy Banks

The Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain

An Orphan's Journey by Rosie Goodwin

The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary

The Bookseller of Inverness by S.G. MacLean

Four Riddles for Jane Austen by Gabrielle Mullarkey

Unraveller by Frances Hardinge

The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
(this will be a reread for me)

The Woman Underwater by Penny Goetjen

(header photo courtesy of Raphael Biscaldi / Unsplash)

No comments:

Post a Comment