Wednesday 31 August 2022

Reading Roundup - August 2022


Well, here we are at the end of August already! At this point in the year, I am hit by realisation that Autumn is not far away. There have been reports in the news recently that the trees think it is autumn already due to the unusually high temperatures that we have seen.

However, as I sit here writing this post, I can see only lush green leaves on the trees visible from my window, and I shall enjoy it while it lasts.

It has been a busy month, and I have not reviewed all of the books that I have read as the days and weeks have just whizzed speedily by. Still, I have read some good books and there have been some interesting and exciting features on the blog.

I was thrilled to interview Lorenzo DeStefano, author of the outstanding novel, House Boy. You can read the interview here, and my review of the novel here.

Carolyn Clarke told us about her Desert Island Books and you can read her interesting post here.. Carolyn is the author of the brilliant, And Then There's Margaret. You can read my review by clicking here.

There has also been a cover love posting featuring, The House Beneath the Cliffs by Sharon Gosling which you can read by clicking here.

In addition, my top ten new releases for September can be accessed here, and a library loans post here. 

Have you had a good reading month?


Books I Have Read

The Keepsake by Julie Brooks - I have recently taken part in the book tour for her previous book, The Secrets of Bridgewater Bay, which I preferred to this more recent book. If you would like to read my review you can do so by clicking here.

Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie - This was so almost my book of the month but the ending let it down.

Dark Music by David Lagercrantz - Translated from Swedish this is the first in a planned series. It was okay but I am not planning on reading the next one.

After Silence by Jessica Gregson - This wonderful book was my favourite this month. You can find my review by clicking here.

Nightshade by E.S. Thomson - This is number five in the Jem Flockhart series of books.

Pamela by Samuel Richardson - I think I would have enjoyed this more if I had read it in a physical form rather than on my kindle.

Before the Dawn by Emma Pass - I have not previously read anything by this author and I enjoyed reading this.

Shadow by Michael Morpurgo - This is an amazing story, written for children but to be enjoyed by all. You can find my review here.

Books I Didn't Finish

Four Riddles for Jane Austen by Gabrielle Mullarkey - The only reason I didn't finish this is that I had too many other reading deadlines to meet. What I did read I was enjoying and I will be going back to it at some point.

Books I am Partway Through

Psalms for the End of the World by Cole Haddon

Women Like Us: A Memoir by Amanda Prowse

The Invisible by  Peter Papathanasiou

Love Lesson in Starcross Valley by Lucy Knott


 (header photo courtesy of Alisa Anton/Unsplash) 

No comments:

Post a Comment