Friday 30 December 2022

Reading Roundup for December 2022

 


As another month draws to an end, and in this case a year, the weather is very wet here and even my dog, Buddy, does not want to go out in it. He is a dog who never minds walkies in the rain.

However, even the weather cannot dampen my mood today (pardon the pun), as I have received a copy of Blackwater's Short Story Collection 2022, and one of the stories is my very own Doctor Roses. I feel honoured to have been chosen as one of the ten stories to be included in this book.

December has not been my most productive month for reading. It has been busy, busy, busy with preparations for the holidays. I have been making gifts, cooking and baking almost constantly in my bid to be prepared this year.

So, here are the books that I have read during December.


Books I Have Read

The Devil's Slave by Tracy Borman - I loved this. It is the second part of the Frances Gorges trilogy and well worth reading.

Miracle Twins for the Midwife by Louisa Heaton - This was a delightful story and you can read my review by clicking here.

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins - From the author of The Girl on the Train. Very different but worth reading.

The Time Trials by Jon McConnell and Dayna McConnell - I read this as part of the judging panel for the Book Bloggers Novel of the Year Award. It finished in the top ten and I enjoyed reading it. Very suitable for a YA audience too.

The Charity Shop Detective Agency by Peter Boland - a cozy mystery set in a charity shop.

Surviving the Holocaust and Stalin: The Amazing Story of the Seiler Family by Vanessa Holburn - This is excellent. I have had an early readers copy and I will publish my review in the second half of January when it is due to be published.

Books I Did Not Finish

The Twyford Code by Janice Hallett - I loved The Appeal and I am currently reading The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels, which I am also enjoying. I couldn't get into this one though although I suspect it was me rather than the book as I was trying to read it amidst the Christmas preparations. I will give it another try at some point.

Books I Am Partway Through

Anna of Kleve: Queen of Secrets by Alison Weir

The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels by Janice Hallett

The Hopeful Traveller by Janina David

Dead Man's Creek by Mike Hammer


(Header photo courtesy of Aaron Burden / Unsplash) 

No comments:

Post a Comment