Wednesday 26 April 2023

Reading Roundup for April 2023

 April has definitely begun to feel more like spring. There has been a good mixture of sunshine and rain. It is making everything in the garden grow like crazy and we have even had a few days when the weather has been kind enough to enable us to get out and tackle the weeds which are making themselves known.

The highlight of my month was going to the theatre in Eastbourne to see author, Tracy Borman, in her roadshow, How to Be a Good Monarch. It was a fantastic show and if it is showing anywhere near you then I highly reccomend it.

Have you done anything exciting or interesting this month?

Have you read any good books? I have read a mixture of the great, the good and the average this month.


Books I Have Read

Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart - This was a re-read for me and it was every bit as brilliant as the first time I read it.

Ascension by Oliver Harris - This was the choice of my book group this month. The majority of the group really liked it. It was a good book, well written for it's genre but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

The Little Venice Bookshop by Rebecca Raisin - I read this as part of the book tour and enjoyed it very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

Night Wherever We Go by Tracy Rose Peyton - This was an excellent book, set in Texas in 1852. Well worth reading and you can read my review by clicking here.

The Wonderland Murders by Millie Ravensworth - This cosy crime mystery was an easy read and part of another book tour. You can access my review by clicking here.

The Viscount's Daring Miss by Lotte R. James - A lovely bit of escapist reading and you can access my review by clicking here.

The Best Minds: A Story of Friendship, Madness, and the Tragedy of Good Intentions by Jonathan Rosen - This non-fiction title was really interesting. It's difficult to describe in a few words so please read the full review by clicking here.

Ada's Realm by Sharon Dodua Otoo - This was a complex novel which took a little working at. It was extremely good though and you can read my review by clicking here.

The Fortune Men by Nadifa Mohamed - This was my favourite book this month and I cannot say enough good things about it. Please read my full review by clicking here.

Foxash by Kate Worsley - I only finished reading this yesterday but I plan to get my review written today ready for uploading tomorrow.

Caring Conservationists by Kate Peridot - Another book I finished only yesterday and my review will be up by the end of the week.


Books I Am Partway Through

Henry VIII: The Heart and the Crown by Alison Weir

Through Three Rooms by Sven Elvestad

James I: The King Who United Scotland and England by Keith Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment