Wednesday 29 November 2023

Reading Roundup for November 2023

 


How has November been for you, my friends?  It has been a quiet month for me which isn't a bad thing as it has given me lots of reading time.

Have you started shopping for the festivities yet? Hopefully, you are more organised than I am. I have made a start but I still have lots to do! I will get there. I always do.

Have you read anything good this month? Do tell!

Here are the books which I read this month.


Books I Have Read

New York Miracle by Margo Laurie - A sweet Christmassy ghost novella. You can read my review by clicking here.

Number 23 Burlington Square by Jenni Keer - This was my favourite book this month. It scored an easy five stars. You can read my review by clicking here.

Ghosted by Rosie Mullender - This was a delightful rom-com which I really enjoyed. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Counterfeit Detective by Simpson Grears - A dual timeline novel with overtones of Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Heretic's Daughter by Michael Lynes - The second book in the Isaac Alvarez series, and probably my favourite of the trilogy. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Red Citadel by Michael Lynes - The perfect book to end the Isaac Alvarez series. You can read my review by clicking here.

Into the Lion's Mouth by Nancy McConnell - I read this book for the BBNYA Awards and I will post my review after the judging has taken place.

How Does Santa Go Down the Chimney by Mac Barnett - The age old question is considered in this lovely picture book for children. You can read my review by clicking here.

Shrines of Gaiety by Kate Atkinson - This was my book group pick this month. One or two members really liked it but the majority thought it was less enjoyable than some of her previous books.

Bunnies in a Sleigh! by Philip Ardagh - I loved this picture book for young children. Lots of reasons to make children (and adults) giggle. You can read my review by clicking here.

Christmas at the Cabin by Rebecca Boxall - A gorgeous tale that is the perfect festive read. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Library Girls of the East End by Patricia McBride - I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book which is the first in a planned series. You can read my review by clicking here.

A Woman of Courage by Rita Bradshaw - I enjoyed this book very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

Moroccan Traffic by Dorothy Dunnett - The seventh book in the Dolly series. You can read my review by clicking here.

Books I Am Partway Through

The Chilbury Ladies Choir by Jennifer Ryan

The Only Way Out is Death by Varun Gwalani

The Vintage Village Bake Off by Judy Leigh


(header photo courtesy of Dollar Gill/Unsplash)



No comments:

Post a Comment