As August draws to a close our streets and lanes already look like autumn. Of course, it isn't yet but this overly hot, dry summer have sent our plants and trees into distress and leaves have just shrivelled up and shed themselves.
I will be away next week so the blog will be quiet but rest assured I will soon be back with lots of great booky stuff to share with you.
Enjoy the rest of summer and happy reading!
Murder at Christmas by T.A. Williams
It seemed somewhat ironic to be reading a Christmas book during a heatwave, but I so enjoyed reading about Private Investigator Dan Armstrong and his faithful canine friend, Oscar. You can find my full review here.
The Secret Dressmaker by Jenny O'Brien
The One Where They Fall in Love by Cristina Wolf
I absolutely loved the slow burn of friendship, later followed by desire between the two main characters in this book. You can find my full review here.
Lost and Never Found by Simon Mason
This is currently my favourite crime series. The characters are just wonderful.
A Dangerous Crossing by Jane Mitchell
This is probably the best book I have read so far this year. You can find my full review here.
A Hymn to Life: Shame Has To Change Sides by Gisele Pelicot
Currently Reading
A History of the Novel in Britain by Philip Hensher
The Alchemist's Secret by Clare Marchant
Invitation from a Dictator by Rory Clements
The Wine of Angels by Phil Rickman
.png)




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment