Monday, 10 August 2026

Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage by Della Galton - #authorQ&A #blogtour

I am so excited to be welcoming author, Della Galton onto the blog today. Della is the author of Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage, which is part of the Duck Pond Cottage series.


The Blurb

When two best friends decide to share their wedding day, what could possibly go wrong?

Jade is over the moon to be tying the knot alongside her best friend, Sarah, at the stunning Bluebell Cliff Hotel in Dorset—a venue where no detail is too small and no expense is spared in the pursuit of perfection.

But as the big day draws closer, so do the complications.

A long-lost relative, a troublesome brother, and some wildly unexpected animal antics all threaten to derail the brides’ dream celebrations.

With emotions running high and chaos around every corner, their perfect day begins to unravel.

Can love and friendship hold everything together when it matters most?



Welcome to the blog, Della and for agreeing to answer a few questions about your new book.

Q Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage has a plot line that includes a missing dog. Was there a reason you decided to write about a missing dog? 

A Yes, there was. Last year I lost my beloved cockerpoo for two days and one night. She was spooked by a dog when we were walking in the park, but instead of running home, we were only about 5 minutes away, she ran the other way. I live in a close knit community. The whole town turned out to help me look for her, and fortunately there was a happy ending and we found her. 

Eye in the Sky drones were involved in the search, and a wonderful volunteer called Jules, helped me find my little dog. I dedicated Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage to Jules. She said she was honoured, but I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving.

I also now volunteer for Eye in the Sky myself. I find I can really help distraught owners because I know what they’re going through.


Q So you were drawing from real life? Do you often do that?

A Yes, I do. I think many authors do. That way we know the emotions are totally authentic.


Q In Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage you write about a double wedding. Is this something you’ve experienced yourself?

A  Sadly not, as I’m sure it would have been fun. But I had a lot of fun researching how double weddings are organised.


Q One of the themes in Perfect Moments at Duck Pond Cottage is finding your family in later life. Do you have any personal experience of this?

A Yes, I do. My father has six children, but I didn’t grow up with any of them! I was in my thirties when I was traced by one of my younger half-brothers – he’d been adopted – and we met in time to go to each other’s weddings.

My elder half-brother Mark and I didn’t meet until were in our late forties.

We’ve also met our half sister, Debbie. We once had a reunion in Bournemouth. It’s fantastic how much we all have in common and we keep in touch. 

Q Is it important to you to get the facts right in your novels? How much research do you do?

A Yes, I’m very keen to be authentic, so basically I do as much research as it takes. One of the oddest bits of research I did for Perfect Moments involved finding a home-made remedy for getting toffee sauce stains out of silk satin! Another piece or research involved investigating countries where choosing to wear a red wedding dress is very common. I’m not going to tell you why. You’ll have to read the novel!

Many thanks Della. It has been lovely to have you on the blog today.


Book Details

ISBN: 978 1806570171

Publisher: Boldwood Books

Formats: e-book, audio and paperback (currently available on Kindle Unlimited)

No. of Pages: 240 (paperback)

Series: Book 3 in the Duck Pond Cottage series


Purchase Links

Amazon UK

Amazon US


About the Author

Della Galton is the bestselling author of several romantic comedies set around the Dorset beaches and the beautiful New Forest. Her stories feature strong female friendship, quirky characters and very often the animals she loves. When she is not writing she enjoys walking her dogs around the beautiful Dorset countryside.

You can also find Della at:

Facebook

X

Instagram






(media courtesy of Rachel's Random Resource)

(all opinions are my own)


No comments:

Post a Comment