Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Books I Read in September 2026

 


The autumn is almost upon us and it's a time to think about snuggling down with a warm drink, a blanket and a book.

However, here in the UK we aren't quite there with the weather yet. In fact as I write this we are having a bit of late summer which is lovely.

It has been a good month for reading and I have read some lovely books. I have even squeezed in a couple for the little ones and have started on my Christmas books.

What have you been reading this month?


The Tale That Time Sews by Sita Brahmachari & Jane Ray

This delightful picture book tells the story of time through a continual needle and thread.  If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


Ancestral Virgins (Part 1, 2 and 3) by Fiona J. Mackintosh


I read all three books in the series as they do not really work as stand alone books.  If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


Little Wolf's Big Huff by Harriet Howe & Katie Cottle


This is a delightful picture book to share with children finding themselves in need of a little reassurance. If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


Invitation From a Dictator by Rory Clements


Although this is the third book in a series, I have not read the earlier books. It works very well as a standalone novel and I enjoyed it very much. If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


The Wine of Angels by Phil Rickman


This was my Book Group reading choice this month. Although I quite liked it it didn't go down very well with most of the group.



Bob and Shirley's Guide to Murder by Suzy K. Quinn


This amusing cosy crime mystery is entertaining to read. If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


The Silent Women by Tara Lynn Masih


This book made for great reading. The Silent Women is based on the true story of the Manhattan Project's secret women during World War II. If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


A Calamity of Waters by Chloe Turner


My favourite read this month. This was one of those books that I wanted to read slowly, to linger over every word and sentence because it has been so beautifully crafted.   If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.


The Alchemist's Secret by Clare Marchant


I enjoyed this very much.  My review will be up soon.


A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan


A trip to the Sugar and Spice Cafe is an annual must for me. This is probably my favourite Christmas series. If you would like to read my full review you can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment