Tuesday 30 June 2020

June 2020 Roundup


I can hardly believe that another month has flown by already. 

Here in the Southeast of England we have had a myriad of weather fronts; some hot summer days, some dreary rainy days, some amazing thunderstorms and the last couple of days the wind has been blowing a hooley!

Although I have been able to sit in the sunshine in my garden with a book as planned on some of those days, there have been more days when I have retreated inside instead. Not that I am complaining. Those few outdoor days have given me a tan that suggests I have been lying on a Caribbean beach (if only). I can snuggle down and read just as easily indoors - so long as I have a good book, a cup of tea and my dog by my side I am happy. 

I have read some great books this month. What have you been reading?

Tomorrow I will be posting about the books I hope to read during July.

Books Read in June

Circe by Madeline Miller - This was my book group read for this month. Most people in the group really liked it. I thought it was very well written but the Greek myths just aren't my thing.

The Tunnel by A. B. Yehoshua - I enjoyed this very much. Essentially, it is about a retired man who has been diagnosed with dementia. A funny and moving book and you can read my review here.

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett - There was a lot of hype around this book and it absolutely lived up to it. An excellent book. You can read my review here.

Liar by Lesley Pearse - An enjoyable and quick read. My review can be found here.

Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear - This is number ten in the wonderful Maisie Dobbs series. My review can be read here.

Diary of the Fall by Michel Laub - I enjoyed this very much and it is beautifully written. You can read my review here.

50 Ways to Kill a Slug by Sarah Ford - a short and amusing book with a some good tips on slug control.

Focus by Arthur Miller - This was excellent and well worth reading.

Hummus to Halva by Ronan Givon and Christian Mouysset - A lovely book of recipes. You can read my review here.

Sing Me a Secret by Julie Houston - my review can be found here..


Books I Did Not Finish

The Dalai Lama's Cat  by David Michie - I had high hopes for this book but I just could not get into it.

The French Orphan by Michael Stolle - This just wasn't for me.

Books I am Partway Through

Witches: James I and the English Witch-Hunts by Tracy Borman.

Tell Me How It Ends by V. E.  Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment