Wednesday 1 July 2020

Reading in July


As the country gets back to a form of normality this month in the UK and we can now go book shopping again, it is a great opportunity to support our independent book sellers once again.

I am equally glad that our libraries have permission to open again from the 4th of July. As yet, nothing has been announced by my local council as to when and how this is going to take place but it is very encouraging that plans are afoot. I know so many people, including myself, who have missed being able to pop into the library whilst in town. Our libraries are such a fantastic resource and I am wondering what form going to the library will take in the future. Handling books, flicking through them and reading the blurb on the back are an essential part of a library visit. Are we going to be allowed to do that? I guess time will tell.

I have a few books that I want to read this month. I am trying really hard to read from a selection of genres each month. It is so easy for me to fall into a reading rut. What are you planning on reading this month? I would love to hear.


The Hand That First Held Mine by Maggie O'Farrell

The King's Watch by Tracy Borman

This is How It Ends by V. B. Grey

The Death of Lucy Kyte by Nicola Upson

Scattered Seed by Maisie Mosco

Olive by Emma Gannon

The Railway Girls by Maisie Thomas

Stitching a Life by Mary Helen Fein

The Day She Came Back by Amanda Prowse

Girl by Edna O'Brien

The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

Books to Finish


Witches: James I and the English Witch-Hunts by Tracy Borman

Tell Me How It Ends by V . B. Grey

No comments:

Post a Comment