Monday 1 June 2020

Reading in June


"June is bustin' out all over," (she sings while typing.) Thankfully, you cannot actually hear me as a good singing voice is something I absolutely do not have. June is a cheerful month. Not only is it the month of my birth but the roses are in flower and smell divine. I am a lover of roses and in my garden I have one called 'maiden's blush.' It is, unsurprisingly, a pale pink with a beautiful fragrance. So, this month I will be sitting by my roses, with my sun hat on my head, a drink in one hand and a book in the other. Of course, when I say drink, I actually mean a cup of tea. In my opinion there is no beverage greater.

I have several books that I would like to read this month. Of course, I may not get to read all of them or something else that I can't resist might slip itself into this months reading.

How about you? Have you anything specific in mind?

Circe by Madeleine Miller

The Tunnel by A.B. Yehoshua

Stitching a Life by Mary Helen Fein

Sing Me a Secret by Julie Houston

Out of Bounds by Val McDermid

The Dalai Lama's Cat by David Michie

Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear

The French Orphan by Michael Stolle

The Consolation of Maps by Thomas Bourke

The Dutch House by Ann Patchett

Liar by Lesley Pearse

Books to Finish

Diary of the Fall by Michel Laub

Witches: James I and the English Witch-Hunts by Tracy Borman




No comments:

Post a Comment