Tuesday 2 November 2021

Books to Read in November 2021

 


Remember, Remember, the fifth of November.

Only a couple of days to go until Guy Fawkes Night. I was never a fan of fireworks when I was a child. Boys throwing bangers and big explosive noises frightened me half to death when I was little. As I grew up, I became used to it and enjoyed the atmosphere of a firework party...

That is until I got a dog. You can't explain all the noise to a dog, and I wonder what is going through their little minds (other than sheer panic). It is horrible to see a beloved pet in such a state of terror and nowadays I would not dream of going out and leaving my dog alone.

Instead, we cuddle up on the sofa together, whilst I read a book and stroke his lovely furry soft ears which seems to calm him. Do you have a scared pet? What do you do to reassure them?

Now, all I need to do is to decide which book I am going to read and here are some of the contenders. What are you planning on reading next?


The Fell by Sarah Moss

Paradise by Abdulrazak Gurnah

The Ninth Child by Sally Magnusson

Mend the Living by Maylis de Kerangal

Written in History by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Looking for Bluebirds by Mark Evans

When I Lived in Modern Times by Linda Grant

The Falling Thread by Adam O'Riordan

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante

The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell

No comments:

Post a Comment