Tuesday 1 February 2022

Books to Read in February 2022

 


February - the month of St. Valentine, and when our thoughts turn to love and romance.

I am, of course, talking about the love above all others - books. Every now and then it is nice to read a little love and romance, but I am talking about the love of books. That wonderful feeling when you open up a brand new volume... that creak in the spine you get and the smell of newly printed pages. Also, stumbling upon an old, sometimes tatty, book that has clearly been loved by someone before you. That gorgeously musty smell and uneven page edges.

Is it the same with an e-reader? I think not. I love my kindle but it doesn't give me the same reading experience. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Here are the books that I am looking forward to reading this month.


I Love You but I've Chosen Darkness by Clare Vaye Watkins

Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher

They Never Saw it Coming by Roberta Kagan

The Sky Above the Roof by Natacha Appanah

Ordinary Families by E. Arnot Robertson

How to Read Like a Writer by Erin M. Pushman

The Paris Bookseller by Kerri Maher

Cannery Row by John Steinbeck

A Killing in November by Simon Mason

All We Left Unsaid by Natalie K. Martin


(header photo courtesy of Amy Shembler/Unsplash)

No comments:

Post a Comment