Friday 25 February 2022

Reading Roundup for February 2022

 


It has been a good month for reading and I have worked through several books this month. However, I am a little behind with reviewing but those reviews will be up in the next few days.

This month also saw the launch of a new and regular feature on the blog. Author, Anne Goodwin was the first of my castaways on Desert Island Books. You can read about the titles that Anne would take to a desert island by clicking here.

Anyhow, without further ado, here is a list of all the books I read this month.


Books I Have Read

The Unsinkable Greta James by Jennifer E. Smith - This is a lovely book and you will be able to read my review of this on publication day on 1st March.

Three Rival Sisters by Marie-Louise Gagneur - An interesting French translation of two novellas. As well as the titular story, the volume contains a second one, Atonement. My review will be going up very soon.

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith - The second in the Number 1 Ladies Detective Agency. I have read them before but enjoyed this reread.

Our Country Friends by Gary Shteyngart - I was not a fan of this particular book. It promised lots but it was a bit too quirky for my taste.

Cannery Row by John Steinbeck - This was my book group choice this month and my favourite read of February.

Shadow of the Highway by Deborah Swift - The first in The Highway Trilogy I enjoyed this and will be reading the second book. My review of this will be up very soon.

My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante - I have wanted to read this for ages but I was disappointed by it.

Books I am Partway Through

The Passenger by Ulrich Alexander Boschwitz.


(header photo courtesy of Unsplash)


No comments:

Post a Comment