Monday 30 May 2022

The Queen's Spy by Clare Marchant - #CoverLove

 We are always being told not to judge a book by its cover. However, if like me, you are seduced into reading a book by it's gorgeous cover, you are not alone. Let me be honest, when I am browsing books in a book shop or the library, it is frequently the cover that prettily whispers my name, and like an enchanted being, I have to pick it up.

In this new feature on the blog, I am going to be looking at book covers, and showing you which book cover has most recently seduced me.

This week's cover is The Queen's Spy by Clare Marchant. I am sure you will agree, it is rather gorgeous.



1584: Elizabeth I rules England. But a dangerous plot is brewing in court, and Mary Queen of Scots will stop at nothing to take her cousin’s throne.

There’s only one thing standing in her way: Tom, the queen’s trusted apothecary, who makes the perfect silent spy…

2021: Travelling the globe in her camper van, Mathilde has never belonged anywhere. So when she receives news of an inheritance, she is shocked to discover she has a family in England.

Just like Mathilde, the medieval hall she inherits conceals secrets, and she quickly makes a haunting discovery. Can she unravel the truth about what happened there all those years ago? And will she finally find a place to call home?

Enchanting and gripping, The Queen’s Spy effortlessly merges past with present in an unforgettable tale of love, courage and betrayal – perfect for fans of Lucinda Riley and Kathryn Hughes.

No comments:

Post a Comment