Tuesday 31 May 2022

Reading Roundup - May 2022

 


May has been a mixed month for me. We were finally able to take a long needed holiday. My husband and I packed up the car with the dog and a pile of books, and headed off to spend a week in Yorkshire followed by a week in Lincolnshire.

Yorkshire is a beautiful county and we had a wonderful week there. The photograph above is one that I took at the library in Cottingham. I love to visit libraries when I visit other parts of the country.

Our week in Lincolnshire got off to a great start. Our accommodation was beautiful and we were surrounded by yellow rape seed fields. It was stunning. Unfortunately, part way through this week we both contracted covid which was far from ideal. 

However, regardless of that, it was wonderful to get away for a while to two such beautiful parts of the country. It was so good to relax with our books and we had some lovely walks with the dog. We are back home now, refreshed and recovered and looking forward to a new month ahead.


Books I Have Read This Month

Still Life by Sarah Winman - this was my book group choice this month. I adored everything about this book.

Guidebook to Murder by Lynn Cahoon - a nice cosy read which was ideal for holiday reading. You can read my review by clicking here.

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga - this has been languishing on my TBR for so long. It was my favourite book this month and you can read my review by clicking here.

The Shocking Price of a Pair of Shoes by Andy Tilley - The premise of the book was interesting but I didn't enjoy it much.

A Rip in the Veil by Anna Belfrage - This did not work for me either.

Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen by Alison Weir - I am enjoying this series of books. My review is written and will be up very soon.

Tell Me Everything by Laura Kay - I enjoyed reading this very much and you can read my review by clicking here.

Tearoom on the Bay by Rachel Burton - This was my first foray into audio books in decades and I really enjoyed it. 

The Ascension of Mary by William West - An interesting story with chapters being told by three generations of a family.

Tea at the Palace by Carolyn Robb - This is a lovely book full of recipes fit for a Queen. I will be uploading my review for this in the next few days.

Books I Did Not Finish

Munich by Robert Harris

Books I am Partway Through

A History of Herbalism: Cure, Cook and Conjure by Emma Kay

A Silent Voice Speaks by Trishna Singh

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

The Manningtree Witches by A.K. Blakemore

Hope: a History of the Future by G.G. Kellner



No comments:

Post a Comment