Thursday 29 September 2022

Reading Roundup - September 2022

 


What a monumental month it has been, as we have lost and mourned our beloved Queen, who served us faithfully for seventy years. We have literally lived through history in the making.

As we approach the end of the month, there is a definite chill in the air. The leaves on the tree are turning brown and autumn has crept it's way in. I'm actually quite keen on the autumn season. We become surrounded by beauty and colour, and whilst I would not go as far as saying that I look forward to the colder months, I do enjoy the prospect of snuggling down in front of the fire with a good book.

My good news this month is that during the summer I entered a short story competition being run by Blackwater Press. I am thrilled to have been placed in the top ten and my story, Doctor Roses, will be published. Very exciting.

I have read some great books this month. How about you?

Books I Have Read

The Invisible by Peter Papathanasiou - I enjoyed this book very much and you can read my review by clicking here.

Women Like Us: A Memoir by Amanda Prowse - I am a big fan of the author's fiction and this candidly brave memoir is well worth reading. You can read my review by clicking here.

How We Disappear: Novella and Stories by Tara Lynn Masih - Another writer that I admire hugely. I have previously read her novel, My Real Name is Hanna, and you can read my review by clicking here.  How We Disappear did not disappoint in any way and you can read my review here.

The Sin Eater by Megan Campisi - this was the book chosen for my book group this month. With the exception of a single member, we unanimously did not rate it very highly.

Janet Jackson's Yorkshire B & B by Becky Papworth - This was amusing and engaging. You can find my review by clicking here.

Belle Nash and the Bath Souffle by William Keeling - I only finished this last night so have not had an opportunity to write the review yet but I will do very soon. Suffice to say, it was my favourite book this month and it was enormously enjoyable.

I am part of the judging panel for Romantic Novelist's Association and I have read three books for this award during September. I cannot reveal them as yet but I will let you know all about them in due course.

Books I Did Not Finish

There were no unfinished books this month.

Books I Am Partway Through

Stolen Summers by Anne Goodwin

The Unexpected Return of Josephine Fox by Claire Gradidge

(header photo courtesy of Unsplash)

No comments:

Post a Comment