Wednesday 1 February 2023

Reading Roundup - January 2023

 


The first month of 2023 has literally flown by and it is already time for the monthly reading roundup. However, it has been quite a good month for reading and I have got through a fair few. There were some very good titles in my reading this month.

What about you? Did you read anything good this month?


Books I Have Read

Anna of Kleve: Queen of Secrets by Alison Weir - I am so enjoying the Six Tudor Queen series and I think this is my favourite so far. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Mysterious Case of the Alperton Angels by Janice Hallett - This author's writing style is a breath of fresh air to the crime writing genre. You can read my review by clicking here.

Dead Man's Creek by Chris Hammer - This was gripping and well worth reading. You can read my review by clicking here.

Hold My Girl by Charlene Carr - I enjoyed this very much and my review will be going live on publication day tomorrow.

The Other Bennet Sister by Janice Hadlow - I'm not always keen on these spinoffs of classic literature but this book was great. My review will be up soon.

The Holocaust: An Unfinished History by Dan Stone - an outstanding study on the Holocaust and the way it has been remembered. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Library Suicides by Fflur Dafydd - When I chose this book this blurb indicated that it was a crime/thiller. However, it was set in the future and whilst I do not dislike books which are, it was unexpected with this book.

The Testing of Rose Alleyn by Vivien Freeman - Set in 1900, the slow pace of life is echoed through the writing style. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Notekeeper by Hannah Treave - I enjoyed reading this and you can read my review by clicking here.

The Guinea Pig Chronicles by Patricia Maxwell Watts - a sweet book for younger readers. My review is all written and will be on the blog soon.

Books I Did Not Finish

The Hopeful Traveller by Janina David - I did not stop reading because I wasn't enjoying it. I tend to bob in and out of books of short stories and I will be popping back into this soon.

Books I am Partway Through

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

Sweet, Soft, Plenty Rhythm by Laura Warrell



(header photo courtesy of Ed Robertson/Unsplash)



No comments:

Post a Comment