Monday 22 January 2024

Homecoming Chaos by D.W.Brooks - #blogtour #authorinterview

 


I am delighted to be bringing you an interview with the author of Homecoming Chaos today and, I would like to welcome D.W. Brooks. But first, a little about the book.

The Blurb

Jamie Scott’s life fell apart four years ago when she broke off her engagement, turned down a dream job, and went overseas to run away from her life. Now she’s back, but the reunion is not without problems. She arrives home just in time to attend the soiree her mother planned, but she’s not prepared for what she finds—a dead employee in the parking lot.

Detective Nick Marshall is assigned to the murder case at the forensics lab owned by Jamie’s family. He meets the headstrong Jamie, but he has a job to do. And his attraction to her… well, he’s a professional.

Jamie knows the stakes are high. She has to face the past and save her parents’ business while dealing with her family drama and an uncertain future. She also has to deal with Nick, who wants her out of the way of his investigation. But fate keeps throwing them in one another’s paths… and into chaos that they both want to avoid, but neither can seem to escape.

***



Welcome to the blog. 

How did you come up with the idea to write your book?

A I came up with the idea for the main character Jamison quite a while ago. A brief history: I am a physician (ophthalmologist) by training, and I pursued an MBA while working at the ophthalmology department at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. After graduating, I left medical practice to work at WebMD. My leaving medical practice set off a lot of concern and confusion with my family and friends. I wanted to write a book about my main character leaving practice and how that affected her and everyone around her. People used to find leaving medical practice after “spending all that time to get there” strange. But by the time I started writing the book, I had decided that the experience of switching careers like that would be part of her life, but not the primary goal of the book. And I went from there, though Jamison has much more drama in her life than me!

Q  What have been some of the responses you have received regarding your book?

A  So far, so good. I have received a lot of positive feedback from my novel, as well as excellent reviews, including a glowing write-up from Midwest Book Review. Most reviewers have said that Homecoming Chaos was a fun read. Several readers have asked me to write a follow-up about some of the supporting characters or to write more about the romance between Jamison and Nick. And I am working on it!

Q  What’s one fact about your book that might surprise people? 

A  I am an only child. I have had a lifetime of listening to and observing sibling interactions including those of my cousins. I think I did a good job of conveying the sometime easygoing sibling relationships and the more fraught elements that can exist between siblings.

Q  What other books are you working on and when will they be published? 

 I am trying to establish a rhythm of writing a novella, novel, novella, novel, and so on. I currently have a prequel novella to Homecoming Chaos (titled I Do CHAOS) that I have been giving away for free on my website, but I plan to move it to Amazon in 2024. I am now working on a novella about Nick and Jamison’s date (which could change) and novel #2 in the Chaos/Model MD Series. I would also like to have a Christmas novella for the 2024 holiday season. The plan is to publish all three in 2024; I am being aggressive!

Q  Is there a message you’re trying to get across with your book?

A  D.W.: You can go home again, but home (and the people who live there) may not be the same as when you left. Be ready to adapt!

Thank you so much for coming on the blog today. It's been fantastic and the book looks great. 


ISBN: 979 8218150501

Publisher: The Reboot LLC

Formats:  e-book and paperback

No. of Pages:  448 (paperback)




(all media courtesy of Pump Up Your Book)


No comments:

Post a Comment