Monday 8 January 2024

Libby and the Parisian Puzzle by Jo Clarke - #GuestReviewer #bookreview

 


The first title in a new series, The Travelling School Mysteries, and popular children's book blogger BookloverJo's debut novel!

Mystery-lover Libby is excited but nervous when she's sent to live with her aunt while her mother is working abroad. Aunt Agatha is the headmistress of an extraordinary travelling school that moves from country to country...

Libby joins the school in Paris, where she is just starting to find her feet when Agatha is arrested, accused of a daring jewel robbery! Can Libby and her new best friend Connie find the real thief and save her aunt?

This is a middle-grade detective series, set in a travelling school - a mix of adventure, friendship, and mystery, perfect for readers of the Adventures on Trains series. Becka Moor's gloriously fun illustrations will feature throughout.

***

Since I began this blog, just over ten years ago, I have written each and every review. However, today I have a guest reviewer, and it is someone rather special to me.

My granddaughter, Abigail, is nine years old and she wrote this review in order to apply for a Blue Peter badge. I'll add a little about this process at the bottom of the page. She is a keen reader and if all of her reviews are as good as this, she will be putting me out of a job soon!😊 

In the meantime, I shall let Abigail tell you about it, along with her review of the book.

***

To apply for the Blue Peter Book Badge I had to send in a review of a book and draw a picture from the book. I chose 'Libby and the Parisian Puzzle' by Jo Clarke and I drew my favourite characters from the book. I really love this badge because I love reading and the badge is designed by Quentin Blake.

The genre of this book is adventure and mystery. The setting is in Paris, France which is where I want to go when I am a grown up.

This book is ideal for 8 year olds because there are some French words in it which younger children wouldn't know how to read.

I would recommend it if you like mystery books with a twist at the end.

I liked the book because my favourite genre is mystery and the pictures were very detailed.

My favourite bit was when the main characters did detective work because you don't know what is going to happen.

The ending has a really big twist. I won't say what it is!

The main characters are Libby and Connie. Libby is adventurous and inquisitive. Connie is cautious. Even though Connie comes from a wealthy family she doesn't act elegant.

Libby and Connie become friends and roommates. In Paris they go to the Louvre, the museum and of course go and get some macarons.

This book is the first book in the Travelling School Mysteries series. I have already read the second and the third is coming out in January 2024. I can't wait to read it!




As you can all imagine, I am a very proud nana today. Thank you Abigail for being my guest reviewer today. You are welcome back on the blog any time.

If anyone would like some more information on how to apply for a Blue Peter Badge please click on the link here.

Jo Clarke's latest book, Libby and the Manhattan Mystery, has just been released and is available in all good bookshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment