Tuesday 2 January 2024

Top 10 Ten Books of 2023

 



Happy New Year


I can hardly believe that another year is behind us. The New Year for me is always a time of reflection on the joys and sorrows that 2023 brought with it. It is also a time to reflect on my reading for the year and to try to whittle down the 157 books that I have read to a mere ten - not an easy task as I am sure you can imagine.

So, in no particular order, here are my top ten (click on the book title to go straight to my review.)


The Wolf Hunt by Ayelet Gundar-Goshen - I was already a fan of this author, having read her book, Waking Lions a few years ago. The Wolf Hunt was every bit as good and is well worthy of a place in my top ten book.

Don't Look Away by Rachel Abbott - Set in Cornwall, this is a suspenseful book that I enjoyed very much.

Good Girls Die Last by Natali Simmonds - This was a very powerful book which I cannot recommend highly enough.

The Last Remains by Elly Griffiths - This is the final book in the Ruth Galloway series. I have loved all of these books and this one was no exception.

Morgan is My Name by Sophie Keetch - This is a wonderful feminist retelling of the character of Morgana from the tales of King Arthur. Well worth reading.

The Best Minds A Story of Friendship, Madness and Good Intensions by Jonathan Rosen - The author writes of his childhood friendship with Michael, and his diagnoses of scizophrenia.

The Fortune Men by Nadifa Mohamed - Based on a true story and set in Cardiff's, Tiger Bay. This is a compelling story of injustice.

Dreaming of Flight by Catherine Ryan Hyde - The story of a young boy and his friendship with an elderly neighbour.

Kindred by Octavia E. Butler - This book was a little out of my reading comfort zone but I thoroughly enjoyed it's time travel element which moves between modern day America and the Antebellum South.

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told by Suzy K. Quinn - This self published novel is well worthy of a place in my top ten books. It is both poignant and humourous and I highly recommend it.


Wishing you all a wonderful 2024

Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment