Wednesday 16 October 2024

All Hallows Book Tag - #AHBT @QuirnusReads

 


Today I am taking part in the All Hallows Book Tag which was created by @QuirnusReads on X/Twitter. Do you like my old school response to the This or That questionaire?

There are also six questions to answer for this tag and you can find my answers below.

I am also tagging in some of the other lovely bloggers who are taking part.


My Answers to This or That


You will probably notice that I have sat squarly on the fence regarding my preference to whether I am a daylight or nightime reader. I'm both and I could not possibly choose. I read at almost every available moment. I always have a book on me. Are you the same?


All Hallows Book Tag Questions

What are your favourite spooky season genres?

I like books which have a witch involved in the story. The Ravenswood Witch by Jenni Keer is a perfect example.


It was a spooky eerie read that is perfect for this tag. It is set in 1885 and is wonderfully atmospheric. My review of this book can be found by clicking here.



Which titles do you recommend for Halloween reading?

This one is for the little ones and my grandson loved it. Spooky Little Halloween: A Finger Wiggle Book by Sally Symes and Nick Sharratt. 



A lovely interactive picture book. You can find my review by clicking here.



 What are your most anticipated reads this month? 

I am really looking forward to reading The Twelve by Liz Hyder.


This looks like being a spooky read and I'm saving it for nearer Halloween.



Have you had a paranormal experience or spooky coincidence?

I sometimes find I have a funny feeling about something and it comes to pass. Or I will be thinking of someone who I haven't heard from in ages and suddenly they get in touch. A little strange but I haven't experienced any ghostly apparitions. My best friend used to see a woman standing at the top of the stairs in her home and she used to scare me half to death about it when we were young.


What are your spooky season film and TV favourites?

I'm currently working my way through watching Charmed. There are loads of episodes and I'm still only about half way there so lots still to watch. 


They are based on a series of books written by Constance M. Burge. There are literally dozens of books in the series.

How do you celebrate Halloween?

We tend to keep it fairly low key but I do dot some witchy type items around the house. This year I have bought a singing black cat. Apparently, it comes with batteries but I like to think there is something a little magical about him.



I'm Tagging Some Other Bloggers Into This





(all opinions on this post are my own)
(Amazon links unaffiliated)

No comments:

Post a Comment