Friday 31 December 2021

Books to Read in January 2022

 


Happy New Year to you all. 

January can be a dismal month. It is often when we see the worst of our weather here in the UK, and if it is a little milder than it is generally grey, damp and dreary.

However, I prefer to look at it as a new beginning. We have already passed the shortest day, or winter solstice, and can now look forward to the days being longer and spring being the next season to grace our lives.

Most of all, it is the beginning of a whole new year of reading. I have already got a ridiculously long list of books that I want to read this year, and if I go without sleep then I may get them all read! Realistically, I usually manage between 8 - 10 books each month and here are those that I hope to read this January.


A Terrible Kindness by Jo Browning Wroe

More Than I Love My Life by David Grossman

To Paradise by Hanya Yanagihara

What a Shame by Abigail Bergstrom

Tears of the Giraffe by Alexander McCall Smith

Violeta by Isabel Allende

Cesare by Jerome Charyn

The Passenger by Ulrich Alexander Boschwitz

Devotion by Hannah Kent

The Paris Bookseller by Kerri Maher


(header photo courtesy of Eyestetix Studio/Unsplash)

No comments:

Post a Comment