Wednesday 29 December 2021

Reading Roundup - December 2021

 


This month's header photo is of the Christmas tree in my local library. I have had many pleasurable trips there during 2021 so it seemed appropriate that my final monthly roundup of the year should include a feature from the library.

There was certainly a few seasonal books in my reading this month. Did you read any Christmas books? I would love to hear what you enjoyed.


Books I Have Read

Christmas With Hamish by Sophie Penhaligon - a perfect Christmas read which I enjoyed very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

A Killing Winter by Tom Callaghan - another seasonal read for me.

The Christmas Murders by Alexandra Benedict - I enjoyed this very much and you can read my review by clicking here.

Jewish Women by Max Brod - a compelling read about the lives of prosperous Jewish families in Germany before WW1. I shall be reviewing this book early next year.

The Winter Garden by Heidi Swain - this is the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed it very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

The Imposter by Javier Cercas -  a novel without fiction which tells the story of the scandal surrounding Enric Marco. Really very interesting.

Prefecture D by Hideo Yokoyama - a set of four interrelated sections set within the Japanese police system.

Books I Did Not Finish

No One is Talking About This by Patricia Lockwood - I did not get very far through this as I could not get along with it.

Books I am Partway Through

The Patchwork Girls by Elaine Everest

The Ravine by Wendy Lower


No comments:

Post a Comment