Friday 31 May 2024

Reading Roundup for May 2024


I took the photo above when we had a few days away this month. We stayed in the village of Upper Clatford in Hampshire. The village was gorgeous; full of thatched cottages, a pretty church and a lake. They also had a telephone box which had been converted to hold books for the villagers to take. Such a lovely idea.

As we say goodbye to May and look forward to welcoming June, it is time for me to look back at the books I have read this month.


Books I Have Read

Sleepers and Ties by Gail Kirkpatrick - Set in Canada, this book is a beautiful story about loyalty and self-discovery. You can read my review by clicking here.

Widows on the Wine Path by Julia Jarman - This was a thoroughly enjoyable read, and I liked it very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

How to Build a Boat by Elaine Feeney - This was the book chosen by my book group and I did not enjoy it very much.

The Quality of Love: Twin Sisters at the Heart of the Century by Ariane Bankes -  This book provides an interesting and engaging insight into the lives of identical twins Celia and Mamaine Paget. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Bravest Word by Kate Foster - This was my favourite book this month. A wonderful story about a boy and a dog.  If you would like to read my review you will find it here.

Under a Summer Skye by Sue Moorcroft - A lovely book which I really enjoyed. You can find my review here.

The Little Books of the Little Brontes by Sara O'Leary and Briony May Smith - A delightful picture book that parents will enjoy sharing. You can find my review here.

The Only Way Out is Death by Varun Gwalani - I first read this book at the end of last year but have only just published the review which can be found here.

And Now There's Zelda by Carolyn Clarke - A wonderful read about being part of the sandwich generation. You can find the review here.

When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman - This was a reread for me and I enjoyed reading it again.

Books I Am Partway Through

Upstairs at the Beresford by Will Carter

Belly Woman by Benjamin Black

The Hound from Hanoi by Moire O'Sullivan

All Among the Barley by Melissa Harrison

The Warden by Anthony Trollope

No comments:

Post a Comment