Monday 1 July 2024

Reading Roundup for June 2024 - #bookreviews #guestposts #spotlights #blogtours

 


Here we are at the end of June and I could not resist sharing this photo of my lovely Roxie with you. If a dog was to have a bad hair day this would be it! I can hardly believe that she is almost seven months old already. It seems no time at all since we brought her home. I adore this puppy and cannot imagine life without her now. 

The weather has been nice enough that Roxie and I have been able to sit in the garden with a book and a bone respectively. I have read some really good books this month. What have you been reading?


Books I Have Read

Leeza McAuliffe Has Loads More to Say by Nicky Bond - This was a great read which is aimed at a young adult audience. I enjoyed it very much. You can read my review by clicking here.

Bring Me Sunshine by Alex Brown - This is a wonderfully uplifting read which is perfect for summer. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Warrior's Forbidden Maiden by Lissa Morgan - This book made for a fabulous few hours of historical escapism.  If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

Monti and Leo: A Newcomer in Pocketville by Sylvie Kantorovitz - A charming graphic novel for early readers.  If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Last Line by Stephen Ronson - This was chosen by my Book Group this month. Enjoyable as it was set in my hometown during WWII.

Northern Boy by Iqbal Hussain - This made for a fabulous read and was easily my favourite book this month.  If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

Serendipity by Maria de Fatima Santos - This is based around the Traveller community in Scotland and is a fantasy story aimed at middle grade readers.  If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Mother by Valerie Keogh - Another excellent book from the pen of Valerie Keogh.  If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Butterfly Garden by Rachel Burton - Lovely dual timeline book set in 1963 and 2018. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

Belly Woman by Benjamin Black - This is the memoirs of Dr. Benjamin Black, an obstetrician who travelled to Sierra Leone during the Ebola outbreak in 2014. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

All Among the Barley by Melissa Harrison - This was worth every moment spent reading it. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

The Clarks Factory Girls at War by May Ellis - This book is set in Somerset during World War One, and features the lives of three seventeen year old young women. If you would like to read my review you can find it here.

Upstairs at the Beresford by Will Carver - This was not my usual reading fare. It was an interesting read but quite dark at times.


Books I am Partway Through


The Warden by Anthony Trollope

The Attraction of Cuba by Chris Hilton

Book of Longing by Leonard Cohen

Maya Angelou: The Complete Poetry by Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment