Friday, 31 July 2026

Books I Read in July 2026


As we wave goodbye to July, I am looking back at the books I have read this month. It has been a good month for reading. I guess the heatwaves we've been experiencing have meant that some days it has been too hot to do anything but sit and read.

How has your reading been this month?


 Mothertongue by Alex Morgan

This memoir by autistic author, Alex Morgan was a 5 star read for me. You can read my full review by clicking here.


The Santorini Writing Retreat by Eva Glyn

I enjoyed reading this so much and the review will be up as soon as I can find a gap in the blog diary. It loosely follows on her previous book, The Dubrovnik Book Club, and you can find the review here.


House of Twisted Shadows by J.H. Mann


This book is an exciting story which I enjoyed reading. You can read my full review by clicking here.

The Freshman Parents by Ko Porteous

This was a wonderful book to read and I enjoyed every page. You can read my full review by clicking here.


Indie in Disguise by Katie Clapham

This is a delightful book aimed at both girls and boys who enjoy imaginative play. You can read my full review by clicking here.


Wedded to Her Enemy Knight by Lissa Morgan

Lissa Morgan is my favourite author of this type of historical fiction. You can read my full review by clicking here.


Be Patient by Tilly Rose

This is a memoir which is well worth reading. The review will be coming very soon.


Fiona and the Forgotten Piano by Kate DeMaio

This is a lovely middle grade novel which I enjoyed reading and is about an eleven year old girl who hates her piano lessons. You can read my full review by clicking here.


The Anniversary by Andrea Bajani

This slim book of just 144 pages is quite remarkable. Translated from Italian by Geoffrey Brock, it tells the story of the narrator's estrangement from his parents. You can read my full review by clicking here.


Vengeance is Mine by Michael Wood

I highly recommend this for lovers of mystery/thrillers. You can read my full review by clicking here.


Ghosts by Dolly Alderton

This was a wonderful book to read and my review will be up very soon.


The Book Witch by Meg Shaffer


I finished this one late last night so no review up as yet. It was a fun read which I enjoyed.



(all opinions are my own)

No comments:

Post a Comment